Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Old Friend (Sept. 26, 2007)

Oh, I've been away from here for a long, long time. Those who know me probably know that all my spare time of late has been devoted to the STAR for Brian campaign, (www.starforbrian.com) and most everything else has gone by the wayside.

But now I'm getting ready to take a trip that will take me away from home for a whole month--which sometimes seems like a lifetime-- and I got to thinking about the very real need to stay in touch. I'm going to be on the other side of the world from my loved ones--Manila-- so a regular phone call is going to be difficult to schedule, not to mention costly. And that's what reminded me of my 360 page. Several people have said, "Hey, be sure to send a postcard or drop me an email.", so this seems like a good way to keep several people up to date at once. (And, thankfully, the world wide web really does work all over the world!)

And besides keeping people up to date, I've certainly never been to the Philippines before, and it occurs to me there really might be some interesting things to talk about. I guess we'll find out together.