Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June Photos, Day 27—Bathroom

 

27.  Bathroom

 Earlier this month, over on Fat Mum Slim’s Facebook page, there was a brief discussion of daily photo prompts that cause moments of personal unease.  That day, it was the topic of “where you sleep” that was making some folks a little wary, thinking that was an awfully personal thing to be sharing with the world.

Well, showing my unmade bed didn’t bother me in the least, but I knew I wasn’t going to be comfortable with a picture of my bathroom.  Actually, we have quite a few in our home, so I thought maybe I’d take a picture of one of the ones I never use—like the one upstairs where we’ve actually shut off the water since no one is ever up there.  But even that didn’t make me too happy. (Mostly because it’s sort of dusty up there, and I didn’t really want to have to clean an unused room on an unused floor just so I could take a silly photo!)  So, since son and I were out for lunch today, I snapped a pic of the facilities there.  And I’m so glad no one walked in while I was doing it, as that’s not something I would’ve wanted to explain!

Anyway, it’s sort of weird to me that I was modest about this.  I mean, I wouldn’t care if someone needed to use my bathroom, even if I didn’t really know them that well.  But, just to snap a random picture and post it on the Internet seemed like too far into my private life somehow, and I just couldn’t do it.  I’m sure that says something about me, though I’m not sure precisely what. 

Are there areas of your home that you think simply aren’t intended for public display?  And, if so, why do you think that is?

5 comments:

  1. I like the plant display on the wall. I don't think I'd have a problem taking a photo of my bathroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like that plant, too, though I'm not typically a big fan of those sorts of decorations.

      Delete
  2. Just out of curiosity......why does it look like a public restroom? Am I missing something? I also like the plant display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and thanks for dropping by.

      It *is* a public restroom, because I was too modest/chicken/neurotic/ to show a pic of my own bathroom! Of course, if I had one that looked like this, I might not mind so much!

      Delete
  3. Ok. Now I feel dumb as I just read in your post that is is a public bathroom.....lol. Just could not figure out why a house bathroom would look like that. I definitely would not take a pic of my bathroom....too small, crowded and dark.

    ReplyDelete