Friday, June 22, 2012

Paper Towels, Ice Cream, and Those Giant Red Lips

 

Welcome to another Friday, folks, and another edition of 5QF!

five question friday

 

 I always think it’s interesting to see the questions Mama M and her cohorts come up with, and even more interesting to see others’ answers.  So, let’s see what’s in store this week . . .


1. What do you keep a stock pile of?

I don’t think I really stockpile anything, though there are certain things I never want to run out of:  bread, milk, Miracle Whip, toilet paper.  Oh, and paper towels.  I do sort of prefer to keep a couple rolls of those on hand, as I really, really do not like it when I don’t have any.  But I’m not sure two extra rolls makes a stockpile.  Hmm.  Well, now that I think about it, I sort of stockpile picture frames, but it’s not really intentional.  I mean, I don’t buy them intending to create a stock pile.  I buy them when I see a good sale, and I always think I’ll just go right home and find the perfect photo to print and display, but it rarely works out that way.  I’ve probably got a couple dozen still in their shopping bags.  So, yeah.  Picture frames.

2. If Ben & Jerry asked you to invent an ice cream, what would it be?

Nobody would ever ask me to invent any sort of food, ice cream or otherwise.  Why?  Because I’m just not that into food.  I like simple, “normal” food—nothing exotic or weird at all.  And, as far as I’m concerned, ice cream could’ve stopped with chocolate, vanilla, and chocolate chip.

3. How do you blow off steam?

I’m a pretty passive person by nature; my steam doesn’t usually have to be “blown off” as much as just allowed to dissipate slowly.  So what I mostly like to do is just be left alone.  I might turn up the music and dance around or turn on a favorite TV show and get lost in that for a while. If I’m really upset, I might need to cry in the shower.

4. What would you do if you had an hour to yourself anywhere within a ten mile radius of your home...no kids, no hubby, just you?

This answer would be just about the same as above; those are the things I do to center myself.  But, if I wasn’t trying to calm down, I might also add reading or writing to the list (can’t do either one of those things when I’m totally ticked off).  Really, though, I’m pretty lucky, in that I usually have at least a little bit of alone time most every day.  I’m a fairly solitary person, so that works out well; I get a little cranky if I’m surrounded by people constantly.

5. When you were 16, what was your curfew in the summertime?

I think it was midnight, or maybe 12:30, though I honestly don’t remember for certain.  In truth, though, it was rare that I wanted to be out very late, anyway, having never been much of a social animal.  Grab some food, maybe see a movie, and then cruise through the Sonic parking lot a few times and I was ready to call it a night.  The one exception to that—and the exception to the curfew, though my mom never really understood it—was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Ah, youth.  Stopping by the local convenience store to stock up on water pistols, lighters, and a bag of rice.  Fun times. 

As an aside, I got the opportunity to visit London when I was 18, and a small group of us decided to take in a showing of the film there.  We should’ve known there was a problem when it was a matinee viewing, but we went anyway.  But we were disappointed to find that the folks over there simply watched the show like any other film.  I have to say, without all the craziness to make it an event, it’s not really a very good movie.  But I still think the music is cool.

All righty, that’s it for another installment.  As always, I’d like to hear from you, too.  So join up in the blog hop, leave your answers in the comments, or play along on Facebook.