Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Moves (June Photos, Day 23)

 

I wasn’t really sure what object I was going to use for the topic of “movement”, but then my sister and nephew came over today to swim.  If you can’t get some kind of movement with a teenager and a swimming pool, you’re not trying very hard.

Pool Fun

He was kind enough to jump off the board for me several times (like that was a big favor!) so I could try to find just the right look.  A couple of the attempts are included in the above collage, but I liked this one enough to edit it a bit; it was the first runner up for the daily entry.  (The whole thing cracks me up, but I’m especially fond of the way his hair is flying up.)

Taylor in Motion

But, it was after the water fun was over and we were just sitting around on the deck that I caught the shot that had to be the winner . . .

23.  Movement


This would be my nephew and one of his foam pool tubes.  And, as an added bonus, he’s a much more willing photographic subject if I don’t actually want to show his face!  Still, considering he really hates for me to take his picture, he was a good sport all afternoon long.

It’s always a good time when they come over—nothing fancy, just some people who enjoy each other’s company sitting around a pool visiting.  It’s the best kind of way to spend a few hours.  And, if I get to capture my daily photo along the way, well, that’s just icing on the cake.


2 comments:

  1. good on your nephew:)

    interesting shots :)

    nice for you to be able to spend time with your family too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like hanging with sister and her family, and nephew really likes to hang in the pool, so it works out well for summertime visits.

      Delete