Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Fabulous Weekend

 

Wowser.  When it rains, it pours, but this is a good rain—a really good rain. Fabulous Blog Ribbon

Yesterday, when Melissa at The Bright Side won a Fabulous Blog Ribbon, I was honored to find she’d named me to her 5 Fabulous Bloggers list.

Then, before I could even find time to respond to that, today, I discovered that Miss Riki, over at Refreshingly Riki, had also passed along a ribbon to me.

As I say, wowser.  I’m so grateful for the new friends I’m making as a result of participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge, and I can’t thank them enough for granting me this honor.

With the ribbon comes some rules, so I’ll share them with you now:

1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
3. Name 5 things that you love.
4. Name 5 things you hate.
5. Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.

5 Fabulous Moments in My Life:

1) The birth of my son

2) My wedding day

3) The conversation when my BFF and I first became friends; we’d known each other a while, but we both trace back to a particular moment that the friendship was truly born

4)  Seeing Brian Keith receive his posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame after friends and I spent two solid years working to make it happen

5)  The last family vacation with my mom, we were in San Diego, sitting on the rooftop of the apartment hotel, taking in the evening skyline, talking, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company


5 Things I Love:

1) Spending time with my family

2) Good television

3)  Sitting on a beach, listening to the waves

4)  Vacationing

5)  Millions of stars on a clear, summer night


5 Things I Hate:

1)  Bigotry

2)  Rude people

3)  City traffic

4)  Bad television (if it’s in the reality or competition category of the Emmy’s, I probably lump it here)

5)  The rising cost of entertainment


5 Bloggers I Enjoy:  (Hard, because I’ve run across a lot of them this month!)

1)  Liz, at Eternal Lizdom

2)  Cari, at Carri Lynn’s Creations

3)  Captivating Eyes, at Brighter Horizons

4)  Katrina, at Kat’s Place—My Life

5)  And, the first bloggy friend I ever made, Jen, at Snapshots (even though she’s not participating in UBC!)


So that’s it.  A little bit about me, and an awful lot of gratitude to the two new friends who’ve honored me with this ribbon.