Sunday, July 29, 2012

Musing

 

As you’ve heard me say many times in the past few weeks, I’m participating this month in the Ultimate Blog Challenge, designed to create the habit of writing/posting every day (and, hopefully, increase some traffic to your site in the process).  And, while the idea is to post every day, the actual challenge is to end the month of July with 31 posts.  As it happens, I’ve already reached that goal; this will be #33.  I could put the “completed” badge on my site right now and call it done.

The problem is that I set myself the goal of writing/posting every day, and I’ve done that so far.  I’ve got the couple extra because I participated in a meme here or there along the way that caused me to post twice daily a time or two, not because I was stockpiling for the day when I wouldn’t have anything to say.  But maybe I should have stockpiled. 

I had several ideas on what to talk about today.  And, I’ve still got a few unanswered tag requests that I need to address, hopefully this month, so I could make a post out of that.  But, none of that really tripped my trigger today.  What I need is a visit from a Muse.  There are nine of them, right?  Surely one of them could spare a moment to drop by my place for just a short chat.  I’d say I’d prefer Calliope (though there is certainly nothing particularly epic nor poetic about my writing most days), but beggars can’t be choosers, and I’d be glad to see any of the Ladies. 

While I’m waiting, I think I’ll browse through some photographs, maybe surf the web a bit for some reading, and drop in on some of my favorite blogs.  Surely some of that will help me become more inspired, even if Calliope and her sisters choose to stay away. 

Muse

 

 

 Image credit: JeffFran photstream.


What tricks do you have to get words flowing when you’re feeling uninspired?  I’d love to hear about them.