Saturday, July 7, 2012

Odds and Ends (Including July Photos, Day 6)

 

As you might’ve guessed from the title, today is a bit of a hodgepodge, so let’s get started.

~First, the photo of the day—chair.  6.  Chair


I’ve always liked director’s chairs.  I don’t know why; maybe because they seem like an entry into the movie-making world that I’ll never be a part of.  Like a secret handshake, only you don’t really know what the club’s about.  Or, maybe they’re just fun and whimsical.  Either way, I like them. 

My friend, Kim, gave me this many, many moons ago, emblazoned with her nickname for me.  Honestly, I can’t even remember now why that got started, but I can tell you that her counterpart is Wubs.  You know, it’s interesting to think about how often she shows up in my daily photos.  Lots of history there, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

~I’m beginning to think the University of Phoenix has issues with their transcript delivery process.  I requested copies be mailed to me nine days ago, and they aren’t here yet.  Now, I know that’s not really all that long, and there was a holiday in there, but really, it only takes a couple of days to move mail.  Plus, it’s been one month ago that I requested a copy be mailed to my new school, and that one hasn’t gotten there, either.  Yeah, I’m thinking maybe there’s an issue.

~I’ve been on a Ding Dong kick lately.  I’m not sure why, but I need to turn that trend around.  I’ve still got another twenty pounds to lose to reach my goal, and after this past week, it’s likely closer to twenty-five!

~I finally have a swimsuit that fits!  I had to buy another top, but it was on sale, and I had coupons, so it was really cheap.  And, it was really worth it to finally be able to quit worrying about showing off more than I intended.  Ding Dongs or no, my boobs still aren’t getting any bigger!

~Brian’s coming home tomorrow.  He told me today that his sisters decided he should be the one to have his dad’s flag from the burial (Pop served in WWII, including at Normandy), so we’ll need to find a nice display case for it.  I looked at Michael’s this evening, but I didn’t really like what they had.

~The reason I was at Michael’s to begin with was to pick up a collage frame.  I made a present for Brian, and I’m hoping it won’t make him even sadder.  IMG_0936[1]



~I saw two birds at my new feeder this morning.  They’re the first ones I’ve seen this week, so I’m hoping they’ll spread the word about the new place in town.

~Lastly, my sleeping habits are getting worse by the day.  Case in point: it’s almost 4:00am, and I’m sitting here writing this.  I’ll be lucky to be out of bed by noon.  Not sure how that’s happened, but it’s worse than when I was working a night shift.  Besides being inconvenient, I know it’s really not healthy to get my rest all out of whack like that.  In fact, it’s probably a big part of the reason I haven’t been losing any weight for the past few months.  (Well, that and the Ding Dongs.)  I think I’m just going to have to start making myself go to bed no later than midnight so that I can get back on something approaching a normal schedule.  I think I’ll feel better.

So, I think that’s it for today.  I’m going to go to bed and sleep like a baby—except for the part about waking up in two hours for feeding.  You know, unless there are Ding Dongs.

What kind of odds and ends are going on in your world?

 

2 comments:

  1. neat chair :)

    your gift is very special
    Im sure hell love it

    I usually wake up early at least a couple of times a week
    I have a rule NO computer
    I read and can usually get myself back to sleep much faster that way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'd be in bed much sooner every night if I turned off my computer. But, if I did that, I think I'd miss out on a lot of random things I run across every day. ;-)

      And, Brian did like his frame very much.

      Delete