Saturday, September 29, 2012

Starting Over with Five Questions

 

Well, it finally happened, and I’m not too thrilled about it.  Back on April 25 I made the determination that I wanted to post to this blog daily, and every day since then, I’ve been doing that.  Well, more precisely, there have been times when the calendar date has rolled over before I posted, but every day before I ended my day, I got it done.  But yesterday, I just didn’t have it in me.  As I mentioned, things have been a little bit hectic with Granny.  Thankfully, she seems to be on the mend now, but it’s still kept me busy.  Then I had to make a quick trip to the store, read thirty or so pages before class time, pack for my weekend away, go to class, then leave school and drive for a couple of hours to get to Kim’s house.  Then, finally, after reaching her place around 10:30 or so, and visiting for a while, I still had some homework to complete before I could go about the business of enjoying our vacation.  I actually contemplated putting together a short post before doing the homework, but that seemed irresponsible.  Around 3:30am, I fell asleep while typing a response for my online course discussion board. 

When I awoke about an hour later, I actually had the crazy thought that I should try to get something posted here, but thank goodness my sleep-addled brain actually had a coherent thought, and I realized this blog is supposed to be fun.  Killing myself to stick to my self-imposed daily posting schedule didn’t make a whole lot of sense.  I set the netbook aside, rolled over and went back to sleep.

So, there you have it, the end of the streak.  But I figure this post starts another streak, so I’m just moving on.  I still intend to post daily, but I’m glad I’ve remembered it’s about the fun.  If life gets in the way from time to time and prevents a post from going up, I’m pretty sure I’ll survive.

And, now, time to link up with Mama M for this week’s Five Question Friday.

five question friday

 

1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly?

If time was never a factor, I would probably prefer to drive, because you have the opportunity to see see and enjoy things along the way, not just your actual destination.  Plus, I’m really not fond of flying.  But it’s hard to beat the convenience of getting across the country in just a few hours.

2. If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why?

I’m not sure there’s anywhere else I’d really want to live, at least not anyplace that I’ve ever visited.  Our little college town might not have anything too fancy, but it’s a nice place to live.  If I was obscenely wealthy and could have multiple residences to flit between, chasing the weather or just my fancy, there are a few places I might like to have a short-term home:  Sea Ranch, CA, because it’s one of the most beautiful and relaxing places I’ve ever been;  San Diego, CA, because the weather is always just about perfect and for a big city, it’s really pretty; and Orlando, FL, because Disney World.

3. Should grown women wear leggings?

If they want to, go for it.  Every once in a while I’ll see someone is something I think looks “too young” for them, but very rarely.  For the most part, I say if you like it and can still fit into it, more power to you. 

4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be?

When I was a little girl, I always wished my name was Candy (or even Candi would’ve been okay), but now I’m perfectly content with my name as it is.

5. What magazines to you have subscriptions to?

I don’t really read a lot of magazines.  For long drawn out reasons, we’re currently subscribed to Time and Self magazine.  They still pile up and awful lot before I get around to flipping through them.  I used to really love Reader’s Digest, and I often wish I still got that one.

That’s it for today; thanks for checking in, and I hope you all have a great weekend.