Friday, October 12, 2012

5QF—Money, Meat, and Mental Stability

 

five question friday

 

  I’m still in mourning today, missing my pretty Sable cat, but I’ve been busy.  Had to go to campus to conduct a little Phi Theta Kappa business, then lunch out with Billy, and to pick up some take and bake pizza for the big game tomorrow. (College football.) Tonight there’ll be some TV and maybe some studying.  Though I did finish up my political science class last night, so I’m glad to be done with that.

At any rate, it is Friday, so let’s get started with this week’s questions, and the link up with Mama M over at My Little Life.

1. Did you have any homecoming traditions?

Nope. 

2. Do you ask your spouse before spending money?

That depends on the amount.  I don’t buy anything very large (say, $200+) for myself without discussing it with him first.  But I’ve been known to spend much more than that on him and/or our son without any discussion.  Anything less than that, I don’t feel the need to discuss, though I do consider what his opinion would be. (After a quarter century, it isn’t hard to know how he’d vote!)

3. If you could be famous for something what would it be?

You mean as career, go on David Letterman famous?  Probably writing.   But, really, I’d consider it a successful life if I could just be known for being a good person.

4. Have you ever seriously thought you were going crazy?

Going crazy?  I suppose that would depend on the precise definition.  I won’t bore you with the details, but there were three very distinct times, as the result of very specific circumstances, when I had what I would probably describe as some sort of hysterical breakdown, when I definitely felt like I wasn’t in complete control of my faculties.  But I don’t know if that can be called “crazy”; the incidents only lasted minutes (maybe not even that), were the direct result of situational stress, and I was fully aware at the time that I was sort of losing it—it was like some sort of out-of-body experience.  Other than that, there was one period of my life that, in retrospect, I was probably in an actual clinical depression, and I can precisely remember the moment when I recognized that I was not properly in control of my life.  In that moment, I thought I was going crazy.  I’m beyond grateful to say that it’s all in the past now. 

Wow.  That was probably pretty close to TMI, huh?  Moving on.

5. How do you eat your steak? Burger? (as in, well done, medium, still moo-ing...)

Medium well, which is apparently a difficult thing for cooks to do.  It’s pretty rare (NPI) that I get my steak the way I really like it.  Though, all things considered, if that’s the worst thing that happens in life, things are going okay. 


And that’s this week’s edition of Five Question Friday.  Feel free to leave any/all of your own answers in the comments.  Oh, and have a great weekend!