Monday, November 5, 2012

Snapshot Sunday #13

 

UPDATE:  Literally the last thing I did before I went to bed last night was hit publish on this post.  I didn’t wait for it because my wifi hasn’t been all that cooperative lately and it was really late already.  This morning, I woke up to an error message.  Oops.  So, today we’ve got a Mistakenly Monday edition of Snapshot Sunday!

Welcome to another edition of Snapshot Sunday, where I’m sharing my pictures for the photo a day challenge hosted by Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim.  We’ve started a new month, so this week’s entries are the final few days of October and the first couple of November.  I’m not sure how long Chantelle plans to run her game, but my plan is to finish up at the end of the year.  It’s been fun, but I think I might like to try something different for a while, though I’d like to find something else photography related.  We’ll see.


28.  Looking Back

  Prompt:  Looking Back.  I don’t have a ton of Billy’s baby pictures hanging around my house, but I still have this collage frame up because I love it!

29.  Moon

 

  Prompt:  Moon.  On a hazy night, the glow of the moon through the branches of one of my trees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


30.  Clothes

 

  Prompt:  Clothes.  I prefer warm weather to cold, but I prefer cold-weather clothes.  I like long sleeves because I so often get chilly when I’m inside, and, also, winter clothes are soft and fuzzy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


31.  Whatever You Please

 

  Prompt:  Whatever You Please.  My cats are often the subject of my snapshots.  This is Mel, enjoying the sunshine and a roll around in the dirt and leaves.

 

 

 

 



1. Something Beginning with C

 

  Prompt:  Something Beginning with C.  This is the cooktop I hope to make mine in the next couple of weeks. (Before Thanksgiving is my hope.) Or maybe a different model, I haven’t quite decided yet, but something similar.  And then it will be a double C: Cheri’s Cooktop.

 

 

 

2.  Color

 

  Prompt:  Color.  I always want to go up to the northeast somewhere to see the fall leaves because we don’t really get anything too drastic here.  Some of the maple trees around here do turn a gorgeous shade of red, but for the most part it’s pretty much what you see here—a bit of gold and some rusty red that mostly end up looking like various shades of brown.

 

 

 


3.  Breakfast

 

  Prompt:  Breakfast.  Even though breakfast food is my favorite, I rarely actually have the meal because I’m not overly fond of eating when I first get up.  But on Saturdays, I have to have something on my way to school, or I’ll never get through the lectures.  This week, McDonald’s helped me out.

And now, just a few shots from Saturday’s ΦΘΚ induction ceremony . . .

DSC04445

 

During the ceremony.

 

 

 

 




DSC04474

 

  Proud new members.

 



DSC04506

 

 

This semester’s officers, most of whom are also new members.

 

 

 




Informal 1

And, finally, our silly group photo that we took to enter a Facebook contest and try to win some money for our chapter.  If you are so inclined, I’d appreciate any votes you feel like giving us (you can vote daily until the 15th), or if you’d be willing to share the link with others so that they may vote as well. You can vote here.  Thanks!

And that’s it for this week’s picture round up.  What kind of memories did you make this week?