Monday, December 17, 2012

Snapshot Sunday #18

 

 

Well, I can’t say I’m completely back on track with Snapshot Sunday, but I do have this week’s pics completed, so that’s a step in the right direction, even if last week’s are still hanging in limbo.  This week will begin just about my least favorite part of the Christmas season:  wrapping.  If you saw my Six Word Saturday post yesterday, then you know I haven’t even started yet.  At least, not unless you count the gifts that have to be shipped; those are wrapped.  But I don’t count those because they aren’t sitting under my tree looking festive. 

Anyway, let’s get on with the photos, shall we?  Prompts, as always, provided by the charming Chantelle over at Fat Mum Slim.

 

9.  Out and About

 

  Prompt:   Out & About.  Driving around town, and here’s another bit of random art.  I’m not sure why our city council folk decided we needed this pain in the a** circle, but I’m assuming they put art in the middle of it to keep folks from getting too annoyed with the traffic issue.  Anyway, I’m pretty sure this is supposed to be wheat, and it’s cool enough to see when I drive by.  But it doesn’t stop me from being annoyed by the useless circle. 

 

 



10.  Under

 

  Prompt:  Under.  Taken from under my Christmas tree.  I can’t say this turned out exactly as I had envisioned, but I still sort of liked it.

 

 

 



11.  Sweet

 

  Prompt:  Sweet.  It was book buy-back day and I ended up with a little extra spending cash just in time for the holidays.  Now that’s what I call sweet!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



12.  Hat

 

  Prompt:  Hat.  The hat on one of my favorite holiday decorations. 

 

 

 

 

 

 



13.  Lights

 

  Prompt:  Lights.  An interesting light fixture at the home improvement store.

 

 



14.  Something Green

 

  Prompt:  Something Green.  The holly bush at the front of my house.  And, a smidgeon of a cedar tree in the background.  Those are about the only green things around these parts this time of year.

 

 

 



15.  Outdoors

 

  Prompt:  Outdoors.  A colorful evening sky.

 

 

 

 

 

 



And those are the photos from this week’s daily challenge.  I still say it’s lots of fun, and you ought to give it a try.

Two totally unrelated thoughts . . .

First, there’s a comment floating around Facebook the past couple of days that tomorrow (Monday) we should all try to wear the school colors of Sandy Hook Elementary.  This seems like a fairly simple way to show a bit of solidarity from a nation full of people who wish there was some sort of help they could give.  It seems the colors are green and white, if you are so inclined.

Second, a shout out to my friend, Jen, who’s unexpectedly run into a bit of a rough time.  The details aren’t important, other than she’s a nice lady on the receiving end of some less than nice treatment, so I’m sending a prayer her way for a speedy resolution.

Thanks, everyone, for dropping by; hope you all have a great week ahead.