Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Questions, Weather and Snakes

 

Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans.  The heat pump repair folks called at 7:52 this morning, so there went the sleeping in I was so excited about yesterday.  There’s always tomorrow, I suppose, though we’ve got some things to do, so maybe not.  But Monday, Brian will be back at work, and I don’t have class until 5:30, so there’s always hope.

On the upside, I did make some progress toward my reading list, and as soon as I answer these questions, I’m going to tackle a case brief or two.  The more I get done this weekend, the more likely it is I actually get to sleep in Monday.  So let’s see what Mama M. has in store this week.

five question friday


 

1. Do you embrace or dread snow/cold weather days?

The weather itself?  Dread it.  The occasional days off that might occur because of the weather? I’m usually down with that.

2. Which game show or reality show could you totally win?

Hah.  I’m the furthest thing from a shoo-in on any of them.  And the reality shows are absolutely out; I’d be the first person voted off the island.  Trust.  I suppose I’d have a reasonably decent chance of making money on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?, though it’s unlikely I have the nerves to make it all the way.

3. What is your preferred climate?

Ever been to San Diego?  I’m not much of a big city girl, but I could totally force myself to retire there.  Well, except for all the money I don’t have, of course.  Anyway, average temperatures of about 70°, never too hot, never too cold, and significantly more sunshine than rain?  Yeah, I could get used to that.

4. What do you buy every time you walk into the grocery store, no matter what?

There is nothing that I always buy, though I often pick up a pack of gum while I’m there.

5. If you see a spider/bug in the house, are you brave enough to kill it, or do you call for your hubby?

Well, if he’s in the same room, my preference is definitely to let him handle it.  But, for the most part, I can deal with it if I have to.  Though one night I did run across a snake in the bathroom.  I woke him up for that one.

What about you?  Feel free to leave your answers in the comments. 

Wishing a happy weekend to you all.