Sunday, January 13, 2013

Snapshot Sunday #22

 

For the record, I am not a fan of winter.  Once Christmas is done, the cold weather months hold no appeal for me.  At least the sun came out today, but it was still cold.  Of course, I know there are plenty of you who live where it’s a lot colder than it is here.  The only thing I can say about that, is that if I were you, I’d move.

With that being said, let’s see what pictures we have this week.  Prompts, as always, provided by Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim.  Do drop by and join in the photo a day challenge and have yourself some fun.


6.  Mine

 

  Prompt:  Mine.  If it’s in this house and has a Starfleet emblem on it, most certainly it belongs to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


7.  Street

 

  Prompt:  Street.  Okay, another cheat rolling into the list here.  I don’t think I left my house this day, not even to set foot outside the home to look at my very own street.  So, here’s an earlier picture of Beal St., the street of my childhood home.

 

 


8.  Something Beginning with T

 

  Prompt:  Something beginning with ‘T’.  I’m in the market for a treadmill, maybe this one, though it’s not exactly the one I want.

 

 

 

 

 

 


9.  Paper

 

  Prompt:  Paper.  The paper delivery slip left in my mailbox when I wasn’t home to receive a package, sent to me from my friend in Hungary.  Because I’ve been doing a whole bunch of nothing lately, I haven’t even made it to the post office yet to pick it up.  That’s on tomorrow’s itinerary. 




10.  One O'Clock

 

  Prompt:  One O’clock.  This is 1:00am, the remnants of my midnight snack.  Yum.

 

 




11.  Water

 

  Prompt:  Water.  Morning shower.

 

 

 


12.  Surprise  Prompt:  Surprise.  So, I’ve got this old denim shirt that I treat pretty badly.  It spends most of its life in my car, so I can drag it inside when I need a light cover-up to stay warm (because I’m always cold).  Anyway, I used to take it to work all the time, carried it into my classrooms all last semester, and for the past couple of weeks, I’ve been wearing it around the house, because it’s been stinkin’ cold.  The point of all that?  The other day, I realized it was torn.  Not at the seam, where maybe someone with my limited domestic skills might could repair it, but ripped right in the middle of the sleeve.  Dang it.  So, Brian was at the store and got me a new one.  It’s even got a tiny amount of quilting for extra warmth.  Nifty.

 

And that’s a wrap on this week’s pictures.  I’m still working on getting some decent bird pictures; maybe I’ll have some to share next week.  It’s an ongoing challenge, so wish me luck.

Do you have a favorite photographic subject?