Friday, February 1, 2013

Five Questions and Mexican Food

 

Hey, everyone, welcome to another Friday.  I have spent much of my time today researching contracts, and the conditions necessary to their formation.  Sounds like a lot of fun, eh?  Tomorrow, though, I believe I may have to make a trip to the doctor.  Some strange and unexplained pain is making me move around like an old woman.  Seriously, next thing you know, I’ll be needing a hip replacement!  All in all, I’d probably rather be researching contractual requirements, but we’re having a family gathering at my favorite Mexican restaurant later tomorrow afternoon, so I surely don’t want to be laid up for that.  It’s all a matter of priorities.

And, speaking of that, my priorities at the moment are to answer this week’s questions from Mama M. and then brief a few cases before heading off to bed, so let’s get the ball rolling.

five question friday


1. What is your favorite book to read with your kids?

Gosh, it’s been a long time since I read books to Billy. We covered a lot of Dr. Seuss, especially Green Eggs and Ham.  When he was a little older—maybe seven or so—we read that newfangled Harry Potter.  I remember taking a little bit of grief for that, exposing a mere child to such harmful ideas as magic and evil and all.  Folks around these parts are not always the most forward-thinking.  Still, Billy has loved to read as long as I can remember, and we both loved the tales of Hogwarts.  By the time the third book came out, Billy felt like he was too old to be read to, and neither one of us wanted to wait to read the new story, so we bought two copies. 

2. After having kids, what body part has changed the most?

You mean, besides my brain, that could never view the world the same way again?  Or my heart, which has been stretched in every which way imaginable?  If those don’t count, I’d say my butt, which has also been stretched in plenty of ways, though none of them have been good. 

3. Would you ever go back to college? What would you study?

Well, I guess I would, since I am!  To catch you up, I’m studying to be a paralegal (thus the contracts), as I’ve always been interested in the law.  And let me say to any of you younger readers who believe that you’ve already waited too long, I will be 50 when I graduate, so never believe that it is too late.  Of course, I will also say that I wish I had done it earlier, so if there are things you want to pursue, find a way.

4. How do you close a phone call? Bye, bye bye or other?

Nothing too fancy for me; it’s usually either “bye”, or “talk to you later”. 

5. What is the one food that will always be your "cheat food" on a diet?

Well, first I should say that while I’m not making very good choices recently, as a rule, I think people are better off making small and consistent changes to their eating habits than going on a “diet”.  If you do that, there really is no “cheating”.  However, that being said, the thing I will never give up is the aforementioned Mexican food.  Sure, it can be made healthier with lower fat ingredients and such, but inherently, it’s still pretty high calorie, especially when you go out to eat and add in those yummy bowls of queso!  But I can’t live without it. 

So that puts a wrap on this week, which gives me no more excuses not to get back to the cases now.  So I’ll wish you all a good night, and a good weekend.