Tuesday, February 26, 2013

No School!

 

SNOW DAY 2-26-13

  We had a snow day today.  I might not have been quite as excited about a day out of school as I was when I was a kid, but it was pretty darn close.  It’s the kind of excitement you never really outgrow, a suddenly free day.

  The only disappointment was that we didn’t end up getting any snow.  Oh, we got a few flurries, but mostly just a bunch of rain.  The folks up in the north part of the state got an actual blizzard, with drifts
Image courtesy of dan at
FreeDigitalPhotos.net

many feet high.  It looks very pretty, but all in all, I’d prefer something in between the two extremes.  Say, maybe 3 or 4 inches—just enough to be pretty and get some good pictures, not so much that it collapses roofs and makes it impossible to get across town.  But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping for at least enough to get another break from school tomorrow!

I suppose I should be thankful that we didn’t end up with a bunch of freezing rain and power outages all over the place; that’s what usually happens around here when they say we’re going to get snow.  And, speaking of “they say”, I do feel bad for weather folks sometimes.  In these parts, I’ll say that they are extremely good at keeping us informed about tornadoes, but snow seems to stymie them.  Oh, well. 

On the plus side, winter isn’t quite over yet; there is still hope for another exciting free day.  So, like students everywhere, I’ll just keep hoping for another snow day.  And maybe the next one will even include some snow.