Monday, February 18, 2013

Snapshot Sunday, February 17

 

Okay, I’m pretty sure it’s wrong of me to be annoyed that Brian has been sick so long, so I guess I should explain at least a little bit.  You see, as the week has progressed, I’ve become increasingly convinced that the crud he’s fighting is actually the flu.  And why is that annoying?  Because when we were at the ER Wednesday, they did a swab test and told him that whatever bug he was dealing with was absolutely not the flu.  What I’ve come to find since then, however, is that while those rapid tests are typically pretty accurate at confirming influenza, they are not so great at accurately ruling it out.  The downside to that, of course, is that if the doctors don’t think you have the flu, they don’t give you flu treatment, but send you home with headache pills and instructions to ride it out.  And the downside to that?  Well, in this particular case, a whiny patient who’s whiny an extra few days because he didn’t get the medicine that might’ve helped at speed up the recovery.  I’m hoping we might be on the downhill slide, but he really is feeling pretty cruddy, so even the downhill slide might last another 4 or 5 days.  And, even if I am a little annoyed by the whole thing, I really do feel bad for the guy.  I think I’ve mentioned that I had the flu once in my lifetime, and I have to admit it was a pretty miserable experience.  

But, now, let’s forget about illness for a while and take a look at this week’s photos.

10.  3 O'Clock

 

  Prompt:  3 O'clock.  Working on some Phi Theta Kappa stuff, watching a video and working my way through something called Five Star Competitive Edge.

 



11.  Entrance

 

  Prompt:  Entrance.  The driveway entrance—lions and all—to a big ol’ house I drive by every day on my way to school.

 

 

 

12.  Where You Ate Lunch

 

  Prompt:  Where you ate lunch.  IHOP.  On Tuesday and Thursday, I have a really long break between my classes, but not long enough to make it worth the drive home.  That means you can frequently find me lunching on eggs and/or pancakes and getting in some extra studying.

 



13.  Walking

 

  Prompt:  Walking.  Pretty much the only walking I’ve been doing of late is moving around the house in my comfy slippers.  Well, of course, I do also walk from the parking lot to my classroom, but taking a photo of that is not nearly as convenient, considering I’m always lugging around an extra fifteen pounds of books.

 

 

 


14.  Love Is

 

  Prompt:  Love is.  Love is many things, including finishing off an exhausting school day with a stop at Wal-Mart to scour the medicine aisle, hoping to find something that will make your significant other feel just a little bit better.

 

 

 

 


15.  Inside Your Fridge

 

  Prompt:  Inside your fridge.  I don’t really think my fridge is all that exciting, just a little bit of this and that, like most people. 

 

 

 


15.  Perfect

 

  Prompt:  Perfect.  Perfectly beautiful weather.  Well, in truth, it was a little bit chilly, but it was a perfectly sunshiny day, and not too bad for winter.



And that, dear friends, is a wrap.  If you’re itching to take a few pictures yourself, drop on by Fat Mum Slim for the prompt list and play along.

If you’ve got the day off tomorrow, enjoy your holiday.  But, either way, I vote we make it the best new week we possibly can.