Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday, February 13

 

Ah, here we are at the end of hump day; the week is moving right along.  Before we get to the normal Wednesday stuff, I’ve got a couple of entries for the It’s Always Something file. 

Brian’s had an astounding headache for a couple of days now.  If it was me, I’d say it was just business as usual, but it’s definitely not usual for him.  So, thinking it was probably just a sinus infection, he headed off to the clinic this morning to see if they could help him out.  They helped him out by telling him his blood pressure was dangerously high and sent him right to the ER.  So, we spent a few hours there today, waiting on tests to rule out all the bad stuff—you know, aneurysm, stroke, even the flu.  Thankfully, it was all ruled out, along with the sinus infection, and he ended up with a generic diagnosis of “virus”.  He was sent home with headache medicine and instructions to rest, drink lots of fluid, and keep an eye on his blood pressure in case it didn’t get back to normal once he was well.

Then, an hour or so after we got home, shortly before I was heading out to class, I got a call from my uncle saying that my granny’s heat wasn’t working at her house.  Why he couldn’t have bothered to call a repairman in the same amount of time it took to call me is a whole other story.  Anyway, Brian was kind enough to call the repair folks and speak with them a couple of times over the course of the evening while I headed off to school.  Sadly, something in the furnace is apparently broken beyond repair, so they’ll have to come back out tomorrow to install a new unit.  It’s hard to be too annoyed, since the thing is over forty years old, but it’s still going to put a really big dent in her savings, so I’m not thrilled.  But, what are you gonna do?

And me, while my pain has relocated somewhat, and diminished enough that I can actually walk mostly normally, I still can’t be on my feet for more than a few minutes at a time without sending the pain meter right off the charts.  And, the only open appointment time my doctor had this week was at the exact time of one of my classes, and not until Thursday anyway, so I decided waiting a few more days until Monday wasn’t too much worse. 

So, all of that is to say that this is another Weight Loss Wednesday fail. There still has been no exercising going on this past week, so still no weight loss.  Thankfully, no gain this week, either, but still.  I’m thinking I might try a very light workout Friday; no classes and a couple of days to recover, just in case it turns out to be a huge mistake.  Maybe my recumbent bike won’t be too bad, even if I can’t do any normal standing workouts, but I will say that even driving is painful, so the bike might not be much better.  All I can do is wait and see.  Brian and I were discussing my options today if the doctor says I do need surgery, though I don’t know that there are all that many.  He doesn’t think I should wait until spring break if it’s necessary, but there’s no way I could miss a whole week of classes, much less any longer.  But, I’m trying not to get ahead of myself, since my self-diagnosis may be completely off-base.  But I will be glad when Monday rolls around.

And, honestly, I’ll be glad when I can start exercising again, even a little bit.  There’s really nothing to make you more excited about something—even something you’re not all that fond of—than not being able to do it.  So whatever the strange ailment is, maybe it will turn out to be a blessing.

And now, I believe I will set aside my final two case briefs of the week and actually head off to bed before the clock rolls over to a new day.  Pleasant dreams to you all.


weight loss wednesday 1-23-13

 

 

 

 

 


Image courtesy of africa at FreeDigitalPhotos.net