Friday, March 15, 2013

5QF—5 Quarters Full

 

So, it already looks like spring break is turning into a case of “the best laid plans”.  Looks like there might be issues to deal with for my granny over the next few days.  Really, I should be grateful that things are happening now, when I actually have some time to deal with it.  I’ll just keep reminding myself of that.

For now, let’s take a look at Five Question Friday.

five question friday


1. What is one thing you wish you did not have to teach your children?

That not everyone is a good and decent person.  I wish we lived in a world where people could all be trusted and counted upon to do the right thing, but that’s just not the way it is.

2. What are you going to use since Google Reader is going away?

I don’t think it’s going to be too much of an impact for me.  I do use Reader, sort of, but I don’t think it’s going to leave a big hole in my life, or anything.

3. British comedy; Hilarious or strange?

Strange, without question.  I mean, you have seen Benny Hill, right?  Though I will never forget literally busting out laughing one day years ago when I heard a commercial for some Monty Python movie or another.  I was shopping somewhere, and the radio was playing over the PA system.  I wasn’t paying much attention because I’ve always thought British humor was strange, so I had no intention of seeing whatever film it was advertising.  Then, the ad got to the typical closing line, “Coming soon to a theater near you”, but what made me laugh was the follow up line:  “And if it’s not . . . MOVE!”  That still amuses me.

4. Do you prefer card games or board games?

Board games.  From Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders as a kid, to Trivial Pursuit and Taboo as an adult, those kind of games are much more fun than cards.  Not that I haven’t had some enjoyable hands of Go Fish or 5 Card Draw, mind you.

5. Will winter ever end?

I’m hoping it’s actually over around here, though I’m likely getting ahead of myself.  High 70s yesterday and low 80s today, with another spring-like day predicted for tomorrow.  Sunday it’s supposed to cool off again, though, and be cool all week.  That’s not really my idea of a “spring” break, so I’m hoping they’re wrong about that.  Goodness knows, it wouldn’t be the first time.

 

Okay, my brain is a little fried right now, and also feels like it’s overflowing with things to think about, so I think I’m going to wrap this up.  The only debate will be whether I just crawl into bed to forget everything for a while, or veg out while clearing off some DVR space.  Tough call.

Happy weekend to you all.