Sunday, March 3, 2013

Snapshot Sunday, Bird Edition

 

Well, I know it’s not a very good report for someone who just recently committed to dedicating a little more time to personal enjoyment and me-time, but I’ve fallen down on the daily photo taking this week.  I missed a couple of days entirely and haven’t even looked at the ones I have taken.  It may be that I’ve reached the end of the road for this endeavor, though I haven’t quite given up entirely.  I’ll see if I can get back on track this week.  If I can stay with it for just two more months, not only will I have two more months of fun and simple creativity, but that will mean I played along for an entire year, and I’d like that.  We’ll see how it works out.

But, for today, I thought I’d share a couple of fairly recent photos I’ve taken that I sort of liked.  Perhaps not surprisingly, they’re both birds, since that seems to be my primary fascination lately.

Snowy Woody

 

  In the past weeks, when our winter storms haven’t really made much snow, the bird feeder has been a very popular place.  Mr. Woodpecker here was making the most of it one cold and blustery day.




 

Hawk

One day a couple of weeks ago, I saw this guy perched as I was headed to school.  Thankfully, I had a few extra minutes, so I turned around and found a place to pull over and snap his photo.  He was kind enough to sit there long enough for me to get two of them before he headed off to wherever it is hawks hang out when they aren’t sitting on phone poles.

 



And that’s it for pictures this week.  In addition to trying to get back on track with the daily picture taking, next weekend I’ll be taking a short trip with PTK, and we plan to put a garden area on our itinerary.  I’m hoping for lots of photo opportunities there. 
 

Hope you all have a good week ahead of you.