Saturday, April 6, 2013

Five Questions from the Road

 

Happy Friday, everyone.  I’m sitting here in the hotel room, pretty dang tired (had to break down today and take a nap), and knowing that I should be doing some homework, but I just don’t think I have it in me.  So, instead, I’m going to answer this week’s Five Question Friday, and then I might go to bed.  If I can turn in before midnight, I can get about six and a half hours of sleep, which would be the best night this week.  It’s pretty tempting.  So, to see if we can make that happen, let’s get to the questions.

five question friday



1. Would you go to your high school reunion?

I haven’t yet, and I think we’ve had three.  I don’t imagine I’ll feel much different by the time the next one rolls around, either.  I mean, I wasn’t miserable in high school, but I’m certainly not one of those people who looks back and considers them the happiest days of my life.

2. What's something that you've recently splurged on; either for yourself or someone else?

I haven’t done a ton of big splurging lately, trying to be a bit more conservative  than I might have been in the past, but just yesterday, I did order a couple of concert tickets.  Keith Urban is coming to town in October, and I intend to be there.

3. How do you handle your child's fever?

Well, to start, my child is not a child any longer.  And, fortunately, even when he was a child, he wasn’t sick all that often.  But, when he did have a fever, it was pretty normal stuff—cool cloth for the head, and some Motrin.

4. What's the nicest thing to happen to you lately?

I am currently enjoying an almost all expenses paid trip to California, and that’s pretty nice.  But I think the best part of it has been getting to know my fellow officers better; that’s been really nice.

5. What is your current favorite song?

That’s a tough one, since it changes pretty frequently.  But I think maybe it’s “Merry Go Round”, by Kacey Musgraves.  It sounds pretty upbeat, which is a nice offset to lyrics that really aren’t upbeat at all.

 

And that’s it for tonight, folks.  Time for pajamas and an early night, I do believe.  Have a good weekend.