Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Questions, with Answers from an Introvert

 

Another Friday, another pretty wasted day.  But, I did make dinner for the family, and very soon I will be doing a little bit of homework.  That’s about as productive as I get these days on Fridays.  But before the homework, let’s check in on this week’s Five Question Friday.

five question friday


1. Who drives when your family is together, you or your spouse?

Brian almost always drives, though I can honestly and objectively say that I am the better driver.  Even he’ll usually admit as much, but he still doesn’t like to be the passenger.  And it’s not that I never get lost, nor do I have a particularly keen sense of direction, but I am a more attentive driver, so mishaps like we had last night happen far less often to me than him.  Really, I should probably do most of the driving, but he’s just not very good at riding, so I suppose we’ll just leave well enough alone. 

2. Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Introvert.  See here for the longer answer.

3. Are you married to an introvert or extrovert?

Extrovert.  See above for the longer answer.

4. What's your favorite type of social media?

Facebook, no question.  I’ve got accounts at (among others) Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, YouTube, Get Glue, several fitness sites and, of course, this blog, all of which qualify as social media, but Facebook is the one that does what I think social media is most supposed to do—keeps people socializing with each other. 

5. What's your favorite way to "recharge"?

Usually just spending time by myself with absolutely no commitments.  Sometimes that alone time involves watching TV, sometimes reading, sometimes writing, sometimes listening to music, and sometimes literally doing absolutely nothing.  Of course, if I lived close to a beach, my recharging would probably involve sitting in an isolated spot by myself and listening to the waves, because that’s great.  In fact, sometimes my recharging involves imagining that I’m sitting alone on a beach listening to waves.  But, I’m sure you spot the constant here:  I need to be alone. 

 

And that’s it.  I have to be honest; I was hoping that would take a little longer, because I’m not quite ready to buckle down with the schoolwork just yet.  Of course, I am thinking about some sort of snack, so figuring that out will take a while.  In the meantime, happy weekend to you all.