Thursday, April 4, 2013

Wellness Wednesday, Sort Of

So, here's the deal: I'm sort of on vacation. I'm currently sitting in a train station in San Francisco, waiting to head back to San Jose. The best thing about today--from the wellness perspective-- is that for the first time in a very long time, I got in the steps/walking I should. My Fitbit has already switched over to the new day, even though it's just a little after 10 where I am, so I don't know how many steps I actually ended up with. Last time I checked, which was several hours ago, I was over 15 thousand, so yay for that. Vacations are almost always good for getting in some steps.
There is also a fitness center in our hotel somewhere, though I haven't found it yet. If they are open late, I may try and walk a but more on the treadmill. Not sure about that, though, since we've still got about an hour and a half or so of travel ahead of us before we get back to the hotel. I'll have been up about 22 hours by then--except for maybe a 45 minute snooze on the flight. In other words, I may just have to sleep.
But, you know what? Though I'm exhausted, and have actually been annoyed much of the day, and I'm in pain from so much time on my feet, in many ways I feel better right now than I have in a while. I really need to learn from that.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone