Friday, May 10, 2013

5 Qs Today, 5K Tomorrow

 

five question friday

   Hidey ho, folks, and welcome to another Friday.  Lots of errands today, but trying to save some energy for the 5K tomorrow.  Even walking it is going to be a bit of a push for me, but I’m still looking forward to it.

  But let’s get to the questions, shall we?  Provided, as always, from Mama M.


1. What's the one personal hygiene thing you will not do in front of your spouse?

Well, we’ve been married a long time, so there’s not much we haven’t been privy to.  But, since I usually check my weight as I’m getting dressed, I prefer not to do that with an audience.

2. What's your favorite thing about a newborn?

Of course, the smell is the first thing that comes to mind; who can resist the way a baby smells?  And, while it takes a few months, so I suppose not technically still a “newborn”, I absolutely adore the sound of a baby laughing.  I’m not sure there’s anything better.

3. When is "too young" to have a Facebook account?

Definitely younger than thirteen is too young, IMO, maybe even 15.  There are crazy people in the world, and, unfortunately, they like to take shelter in the anonymity of the internet.  Before they’re teenagers, kids have absolutely no idea how to protect themselves.

4. What are you hoping for for Mother's Day?

More than anything, I’d love for my husband and my son to finally get along again, but my instinct is that that happy day is still a few years down the road.  They both need to grow up a little bit more first.  So, I’d settle for a nice lunch out somewhere.  We’ll be taking my grandma out, but I’ll get to pick the place.

5. What was the best field trip you ever took in school?

When I was a kid, the annual 8th grade field trip was always a trip to the OKC Festival of the Arts.  It’s the thing you looked forward to for all of your middle school years, and our 8th grade class was no exception.  When the day finally rolled around, it was a typical spring day here in OK—which means you never really know what you might get.  In this case, it was sunny early on but cloudy and then rainy before the day was over.  But the part that wasn’t typical was that it was actually a gentle spring rain, the kind you always read about in books and see in movies but that rarely come to pass around these parts.  (For us, it’s drought or torrential downpours, rarely anything in between.)  We had the most fun, walking around in the rain, just wet enough to stay cool, even a small puddle or two to splash through like little kids, and singing, “It’s Such a Pretty World Today”.  I still remember some of the other patrons looking at us like we were a little off-balance, but most of them just smiled as we passed by.  I’m pretty sure they wished they could be having as much fun as we were, instead of feeling like their day had been ruined by the rain.  Hands down, best field trip ever. 

 

And that’s it for today.  It’ll be an early night tonight so I can get a good night’s sleep—though I am going to try to get at least a few hours of stuff off the DVR, and maybe even get at least one study guide put together.  Now that I read over that, I suppose I should reverse the priority of those tasks, but I’m just not sure that I will!