Friday, May 24, 2013

Five Questions on a Holiday Friday

 

Friday again, and time for more questions from Mama M.  No build up today, let’s just get rolling.

five question friday


1. Do you wake before the alarm or stay in bed until the last possible second?

I’m really not much of a morning person, so if I have to get up even a little bit early, it definitely takes the alarm, and usually at least one snooze.  In fact, as part of my preparation for becoming employed again, I have to spend the next week adjusting my sleep/wake patterns so that I can be where I belong at 8:30 every morning.

2. Who should get a baby shower? Is it just the first baby or all babies?

I think all babies.  Unless the children were pretty close together, there’s a good chance the parents have already disposed of the earlier stuff.  And even if they kept it, every baby deserves some new stuff all their own, and to be celebrated as a precious gift.

3. How will you spend Memorial Day?

We don’t have any big plans, so it’ll be pretty low-key, whatever it is.  Probably just hanging out, maybe grill a hot dog or two, or try to take in a movie (though our theater of choice is still closed due to tornado damage).

4. Do you have a Storm/Hurricane/Tornado/Fire plan for your kids, house..?

We discuss frequently where in our home we would take shelter in the event of a tornado, though we also say every year that we really need to invest in an underground shelter.  As recent events have made tragically clear, trying to withstand those sorts of winds inside any building is not always a reasonable approach.  And, like everyone everywhere, whenever we talk about any of these sorts of disasters, we have to ponder which of our personal treasures we would try to save.  It’s a hard decision.

5. What is your favorite morning drink?

My favorite?  A nice Sonic Coke.  The one I actually drink?  Water.  I’ve fallen off a lot of the health/fitness wagon in the past six or eight months, but the drastic reduction in soda intake has managed to mostly stick.

 

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy the holiday weekend.