Monday, May 6, 2013

Snapshot Sunday, May 4

 

I’ve been reflecting this weekend on the ebb and flow of life in general and relationships in particular, and how they often fade.  I thought about that a lot last year after I lost my job, and the people who were so integral to my everyday world for so long were suddenly just gone.  Now they’re just profile pictures and status updates.  But it happens outside of the professional world, too.

This weekend, my long-time friend got married, and it caused me to think a lot about our relationship over the years, her relationship with her now-husband, and all manner of things.  Amazingly, the now-husband began his relationship with my friend not even as a profile picture and status update, but as an avatar in overalls; that’s right, they met on Facebook playing Farm Town.  Can you believe it?  Heck, I was there to watch the relationship blossom and sometimes I still can’t believe it!  Can you imagine marrying the stranger you just hired to come harvest your trees?  LOL.  Still, they seem incredibly happy, and that’s the only thing that really matters. 

But all the happiness in the world can’t always change the rather fickle ways of relationships, so I send up a quick prayer for them that this is just the beginning of a wonderful lifetime together, and also a thought for all those who find that a relationship just isn’t what it used to be.  For you, I offer these words of Dr. Seuss:  “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”  Some of them may turn out to be ephemeral,  but, really, aren’t relationships just the best?

P1020660

P1020643

  

 

 

 

 

 


P1020679P1020678

 

 

 

 


As you can see, the lighting was a little odd at the reception.  As I struggled with taking even a single decent shot, I found myself hoping that the happy couple had warned their photographer about the décor.

Once we got back to town after the shindig, we all went to a new sandwich place in town, Firehouse Subs.  Of course we had to fool around with a fireman’s hat just a little.  (As you can probably tell, my nephew still is not in love with having his photo taken—especially with a silly kid’s hat on his head!)

IMG_2684[1]

IMG_2686[1]

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


IMG_2689[1]IMG_2685[1] 

                                         

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



More than anything, relationships should be fun.  Enjoy the week ahead of you!