Thursday, May 30, 2013

Storm Warning

 

A friend of mine posted on Facebook today, “Mother Nature needs a psych eval and some strong meds.”  I can’t say that I disagree.  And, the poster was Mandi, the young lady I told you about last week who lost her home in a tornado, so I figure she should know if anyone does. 

But, seriously, even though severe weather is fairly standard around here in the springtime, I think we could all use a break.  The photo below is just one of the storms that was being tracked in the state today.  Thankfully, it turned out to be less drastic than it looks, though my guess is there are plenty of folks who’ll need to be making claims for hail damage. 

 

image


I think this is the storm that actually did spawn a small tornado down in that area (like I said, there were several and I kind of lost track of which one did what), though last I heard, there was not a ton of damage, so that’s a major plus.  There was another large storm up north of our metro area which moved further northeast, and a tornado did touch down up there.  That area is outside the viewing area of our local television channel, so we didn’t get too much information; I’m hoping there wasn’t much destruction left behind.

But, even without more tornadoes, all these storms are, of course, bringing plenty of rain, including on the areas that have already been hard-hit by last week’s storms.  More difficulty in getting on with their lives these people do not need.  Oh, and unrelated to the current weather, but in terms of not needing more trouble, there are also looters rummaging around in the rain and the rubble.  Sometimes I really don’t understand people.  It seems Mother Nature is not the only one who needs a psych eval.  And maybe a punch in the face, though I would not typically promote violence. 

Anyway, this is the second day in a row there have been severe storms throughout the state for most of the afternoon and evening.  And, as you can see from the next picture, we’re expecting more of the same tomorrow.  As you might expect, people are on edge these days, and the blaring of tornado sirens is really starting to wear on the nerves.  Honestly, it’s absolutely time for a break.

 

image