Monday, July 8, 2013

Snapshot Sunday, July 8

 

I have to say, the thing I might dislike most about having a job again is that Sunday night feeling.  You know, the one where you feel like your moments of freedom have dwindled to nothing and the next break you’re going to have is far too far in the future.  Still, it’s all part of the workaday world, and this was a really good weekend, so at least I put my moments of freedom to good use. 

As for this week’s photos, some of them are sort of cheats, but more about that later.

1.  Happiness Is

 

  Prompt: Happiness Is . . . Notwithstanding what I said earlier about the whole Sunday night thing, I have to admit that it feels pretty good to be drawing a paycheck again.  Not for the money, which is certainly nothing to write home about, but just because it seems like that’s what people do.

 


2.  Shoes

 

  Prompt:  Shoes.  One of the first things I do when I get home from work each day is kick off my shoes, even if they’re not particularly uncomfortable.  And, they usually stay right in that same spot until the next time I want to wear them, even though “that spot” is rarely the place they actually belong. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



3.  Cold

 

  Prompt:  Cold.  One of the semi-cheats, since I took this a day late.  Still, what’s a day between friends?  Anyway, this was my first attempt at making a fruit slush—pina colada flavored—and I have to say it was not only refreshing on such a hot afternoon, but it was also quite tasty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



4.  Red White or Blue

 

  Prompt:  Red White and/or Blue.  It’s nice of Chantelle to think of us when making her prompts, even though she’s in Australia and probably not the least bit concerned with the 4th of July.  This was part of our festive table wear for the occasion. 

 

 



5. Love

 

  Prompt:  Love.  Me and Brian.  Another cheat, and this one a double-whammy: taken a day early, and (as you might have guessed) I didn’t even take it.  Too bad; I’m using it anyway.  I did take a photo of us on the 6th (a day too late for this prompt), but I never got one on the 5th, even though it was our anniversary.  I tried at the theatre, but my aim was off and it turned out to be a picture of just Brian.  Well, at least, it was part of Brian.  All in all, this one is a much better choice.

 


6. Fave Smell

  Prompt: Favorite Smell.  And one last cheat to round out the week, this is a recycle from last year’s challenge.  The prompt then was “smell you adore”, and while I can’t say for certain that baking bread is absolutely my favorite smell, it’s certainly way up there.  The vast majority of my time the day of this prompt was spent in an outdoor stadium in 90+ degree heat with about 65,000 other people.  Believe me when I tell you that there weren’t really any smells there that were particularly enjoyable.



And that brings this week to a close, which means it’s time for me to head off to bed.  Past time, really, but that’s what happens sometimes.  I hope you all enjoy your new week, even if you do have to go back to the workaday world like this working stiff.