Sunday, August 18, 2013

Coming Home

So, I'm coming to you tonight from an Amtrak train. Brian and I spent my birthday weekend down in Fort Worth, just being tourists.

I will try to update this post with a few photos in the next day or so, but for now I'll just say that the water gardens are definitely worth seeing, as is the botanic garden, but the cattle drive is overrated.

It was nice to just spend a couple days doing nothing, spending time together, and just having fun. Tomorrow school will begin again, and it will be time to buckle down for one more semester, but this was the perfect way to unwind on the last weekend of my abbreviated summer.

And, we finally started making some more specific plans for my graduation trip--looks like maybe a cruise in January. I do love to travel (anywhere, for any reason and for any amount of time), but the planning is almost as much fun as the going. Now I've got something fun to get me through the final semester.

If you could be planning a trip, where would you be going?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone