Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Coming this Fall

 

It’s that time of year again: time to start thinking about clearing space off the DVR (despite my best efforts, we still have only about 15% capacity remaining), juggling schedules, and trying to find out which of the new-comers will have what it takes to succeed.  That’s right, it’s just about time for the fall season premieres!  For a television addict like myself, that’s  like football playoff season, or something, so you know it’s important. 

So, without further ado, here are the new programs I’m looking forward to this season:

Mom.  There are more comedies than usual on my list this year, including this one.   We’ll see how that works out.

Hostages.  I think this has the potential to get old really quickly, but I’m going to give it a try anyway.  The initial premise sounds interesting, and it’ll be nice to see Dylan McDermott again. 

The Blacklist.  Speaking of people I’ll be glad to see again, here we’ve got James Spader.  I still miss Boston Legal, and this show looks like it moves Spader about as far from Alan Shore as possible, but he’s an interesting actor to watch.  Besides, this looks like some kind of strange cross between Silence of the Lambs and White Collar—what’s not to like?

Ironside.  A little iffy for me, since I grew up watching the original, but sometimes a reboot can work.

The Millers.  Family comedy can be hard to make work, but the previews make it look like this one might know the secret.

The Crazy Ones.  How can you not tune in to anything with Robin Williams?  Honestly, the show looks a little weak, but he can carry a lot of weight.

The Michael J Fox Show.  Ditto from above.  Watching Fox in his recurring role on The Good Wife, it’s been plain to see that his health issues have not prevented him from being a very watchable performer, and I think comedy is what he does best. 

And I think that’s it, the upcoming shows that I’m most looking forward to seeing.  How many will actually turn out to be worth watching for the long run?  Only time will tell, but that’s part of the fun.

What new programming looks most interesting to you?