Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Closings

 

We’re sitting here watching the closing ceremonies (I thought this day would never come!) and my mind was wandering over various sorts of things, when I realized that I missed posting here on Friday.  I’m not sure if I’m most upset that I missed the day, or that I didn’t even realize it for forty-eight hours.  Of course, there was a reason—mostly that I was simply worn out.  There had been family drama for a couple of days before that, which was not only emotionally draining as drama always is, but also kept me from sleeping well, meaning I was also physically drained.  So, by the time it seemed to resolve itself Friday afternoon, I was beat.  I came home, ate a sandwich, and did some homework, and then I was crashed on the couch by about eight o’clock.  The only problem I recognized at the time was that I also had to study for a mid-term I would be taking Saturday morning, so when I woke up a few hours later, the only thought on my mind was cramming a bit of extra bankruptcy information into my brain so I wouldn’t totally bomb the test.  It sort of bothers me that it didn’t even cross my mind that I hadn’t yet written my daily post.

Of course, it’s not the end of the world.  One of these days, I will manage a true streak of daily posting; I’m hoping to one day hit a full year.  The important thing is that the drama does actually seem to have been resolved, and other than a few nights of lost sleep, nobody seems too much worse for the wear.  And I think I even did mostly okay on the exam yesterday.  All in all, while my mind wanders erratically over any number of things, I think I’ll choose to focus on the positive, and I’m going to close out this weekend and consider the week a win.