Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday, April 2

 

Not that I was exactly on a roll last week, but there is certainly nothing like a day and a half in bed to make your step count take a nose-dive.  The much dreaded stomach bug took up residence here earlier this week, and I am still a little shaky on my feet—mostly because I’m still living pretty much on applesauce and crackers. 

The upside of all that is that on Monday, I managed to lose almost four pounds.  I’ll admit it’s not the way I’d choose to do it, nor would I recommend it to anyone, but I’m not in a hurry to give the pounds back (at least not all of them!), so I’ll just consider that my reward for suffering through the illness.  It seems only fair.

I hope to get back to the gym by Saturday, if I have the energy at all.  The last two days, I’ve been getting my workout simply by being the last person at the office, and the dash up the stairs to beat the alarm has left me doubled over just outside the door, so my energy obviously isn’t quite where it needs to be yet.  I didn’t exactly say it earlier, but let me make clear that the stomach bug sucks, even if he does want to drag a few pounds out with him.  Anyway, Saturday is PTK induction day, then family afternoon, but maybe by the evening I’ll have the strength to drag myself to the 10 Gym.  One can only hope.

Steps

Activities

Wednesday

6,322

Thursday

      6,180

Friday

6,368

 
Saturday

11,589

40 min treadmill; 2.93 miles
Sunday

10,186

40 min treadmill; 2.64 miles
Monday

1,885

Tuesday

3,991